Effective May 15th, 2018 (in preparation for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the new EU legislation that comes into force on 25th May 2018)
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
- Your username, email address, and contact and language preferences.
- User Content. This consists of email, its attachments or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services and/or Software.
- Your correspondence. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Survey results. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when mails are sent and received, you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, email metadata and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the our Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using our services.
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- to help us administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- to communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- to send you direct marketing emails and special offers about Mithi’s solutions, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see the section entitled, "Will Mithi send me emails?" If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you create your account or any point thereafter.
- to display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- to calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
As a rule, Mithi employees do not monitor or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, or if we need to do so to respond to your requests for user support. Finally, your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mithi and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Here is how we handle specific types of data:
- Emails routed to the Service are processed automatically and transparently without human intervention.
- Emails routed to the Service are stored in the valid user’s account. The email stored for this purpose are not accessed by Mithi staff.
- Emails that are received by the system are automatically filtered through scanning engines and rules set by our customers. The antivirus engines and the content filters scan emails automatically without Mithi staff inspection.
- If the Customer has a Technical Support concern, Mithi may request certain Customer email files to help identify the problem. With the consent of and at the direction of the Customer, Mithi may review such files to address Customer’s concern. Mithi will not independently access this information.
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mithi and users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data publicly and to third parties – for example, in public reports about word usage, to partners under agreement with us, or as part of progress reports we may provide to users.
Mithi does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
No, Mithi does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the application (in some cases it may not work at all).
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Mithi emails and changing your contact preferences. All Mithi account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
For EEA users: We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent. Please see the section "For EEA users" below.
No, we do not share Personal Data or User Content except in the limited circumstances described in the "Does Mithi share my Information?" section of the Policy.
Information submitted to Mithi will be transferred to, processed, and stored in one of the AWS cloud regions depending on your choice of region during the onboarding. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the AWS region you chose during onboarding.
Mithi is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our cloud platform using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If Mithi learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site.
You can remove your Personal Data from our products at any time by sending us a request at our helpdesk. Please note that, for security reasons, the Mithi support team will validate your request by a call and then delete your account.
You can remove your Personal Data from Mithi’s products at any time by submitting a request as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
If Mithi closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact Mithi to request deletion of your data. Mithi will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for whichever purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the abovementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us or such person as Mithi may designate, from time to time, whether by informing you through any letter, circular, notice, email.
Mithi uses, processes, and stores Personal Data, including those listed in the "What Information does Mithi collect about me?" section, as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the Services. We rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, Mithi may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Request a Personal Data report by submitting a support ticket through this link. This report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. Please note that Mithi may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information.
- Have your Personal Data corrected or deleted. Some Personal Data can be updated by you: You can update your name and email address, as well as language preference, through your Mithi account settings. You can remove your Personal Data from Mithi by deleting your account.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Mithi emails and changing your contact preferences. Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.