Some typical concerns expressed by CIOs/ CTOs about the Cloud are:
- Control over data
- Adherence to regulatory and compliance needs
- Proper customization and integration with other systems
Private Cloud, which is a more economical and flexible Cloud computing model available, tackle these concerns well.
Since the Private Cloud is within the company firewall, internal IT owns and controls it.
EMC Corporation and Zinnov Management Consulting in a study on Private Cloud landscape in India estimated that the total Cloud market in India, currently at $400 million, will reach a market value of $4.5 billion by 2015. Of this, Private Cloud adoption will dominate and account for $3.5 billion in revenues, growing at over 60%.
Their study also estimates that Private Cloud deployments could result in potential savings of up to 50% on IT investments as compared to a legacy IT model. The reduction in cost is also due to its lower cost of management and monitoring.
Our own experience agrees with this finding – A good percentage of our customers who are on Public Cloud currently, are either migrating their Email setup to Private Cloud or are planning to do so in the coming year.
Lower Costs and the Strong Administrative features provided by Connect Xf such as Policies, Class of Service, Reports, Role based administration necessary to make it easy to manage a large user base (5000 +) with a Centralized Architecture are helping accelerate this migration.
Here’s a quick glance at some of these features:
- Mail Policies: Mail policies are used to control mail flow to and from the users/ groups and domains. These make the system more secure as they guard against misuse.
- Class of service: Class of service is a way of managing large set of users by grouping similar types of users as Class of users.
- Reports: MIS Reports such as Activity reports, Mail traffic reports, Server statistics reports at all levels for users, groups and alias enabling better server management and security improving overall server performance, leading to higher ROI.
- Role based Administration: This is required for delegating roles and responsibilities of managing Email Admin System for large setups with multiple domains.
Conclusion: Private clouds in combination with Open Standards and Open Source based solutions offer compelling cost and performance benefits for large enterprises.