Who but Steve Jobs can describe what it means to be Apple. Here is what Jobs had to say-
1. Do what you love: Steve Jobs had followed this principle and that has made all the difference.
2. Put a dent in the Universe. In Steve’s words “We’re gambling on our vision, and we would rather do that than make me-too products. For us its always the next dream”.
3. Kick start your brain: Leave your comfort zone from time to time and don’t live in fear of the new. Embrace change.
4. Sell dreams not products: Commit yourself to excellence in every aspect of your business. Demand excellence of others. Challenge yourself and everyone on your team to make customer experience a priority.
5. Nobody cares about your product (except you): Customers are asking ‘how will this product make my life better’. Help them fulfil their dreams and watch the sales soar. Listening to your customers is not as valuable as Knowing your customers. Be your own focus group.
6. Say no to 1000 things. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication: John Sculley says, “What makes Steve’s methodology different than everbody else’s is that he always believed that the most important decisions you make are not the things that you do, but the things you decide not to do.”
7. Create insanely Great Experiences: If you think about what makes customers and employees happy, in today’s world that ends up being good for business. Jobs has made Apple stores the gold standard in customers service.
8. Master the message: Jobs is the world’s preeminent corporate story teller, turning product launches into an art form. You can have the most innovative idea in the world, but if you cannot get people excited about it, your innovation doesn’t matter.