Data security and control is the primary focus of any government body. One of the key concerns of migrating sensitive and critical data onto the cloud has been of giving control to a third party organisation.
With increasing compliance and regulations, government agencies have been reluctant to move their data to the cloud.
Thankfully, with a recent announcement by the state government, the needle has moved in favor of the cloud.
The Maharashtra Government recently unveiled a public cloud policy instructing all its departments to shift their data to the cloud.
This will enable public institutions like Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Central, State, and local Governments Statutory Bodies and Nationalized Banks to take advantage of the benefits cloud technologies has to offer.
Mithi Software organized a webinar on how its cloud email solution (Mithi SkyConnect) delivers security, reliability, and speed to Indian Oil Corporation’s (a major Government PSU) Critical Tendering Process.
This webinar brought together an expert panel from IOCL, Amazon, and Mithi:
- Mr. Alok Khanna, Executive Director – Information Systems (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)
- Mr. Durga Prasad Kakaraparthi, Solutions Architect (Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd)
- Mr. Ashok Malaviya, Co-founder and Director Sales (Mithi Software Technologies Pvt Ltd)
Speakers from IOCL will shared the core benefits they derived from their experience using Mithi SkyConnect.
Speakers from AWS covered why the shared security model on the cloud platform makes the whole solution so secure and how PSUs and Governments can now move their critical workloads to the cloud in the India region.
A little background about IOCL’s tendering process
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has permitted IndianOil to charter ships for its own oil import. To charter a ship, IOCL uses a tendering process driven by email.
The process deals with extremely high-value transactions and is very sensitive to Reliable and ON TIME delivery of email (since a lot of tender submissions happen in the last few minutes before closing time).
Any delay in receiving email or loss of email could mean a loss of huge sums of money, besides the loss of face for IOCL.
The sensitive and classified nature of these emails and attachments implies the need for a very SECURE platform to ensure that these emails are stored SAFELY and accessible only by AUTHORISED personnel.
Date: February 28th, 2018 (Wednesday)
In this webinar, we covered:
- The best practices, how to’s and key criteria while choosing and deploying a business email solution for your organisation
- How email archiving and ediscovery can help with business intelligence, supervision, improving quality of communication, and more
- IOCL’s story of using email for ship chartering
- Why the cloud is secure and how PSUs/Governments can benefit from the cloud
- Question and Answer session