Like any other infrastructure, collaboration infrastructure goes through – creation-maintenance and renewal cycle (not just of the software but the underlying and overlying systems)
Like any other infrastructure, collaboration infrastructure is multiple layered.
Broadly, these layers can be classified as follows:
- Physical Infrastructure: Network, Servers, Storage, Cloud, Devices etc.
- Software Services Layer: VMs, Directories, Services, Database, Security Software etc.
- Collaboration Channels / Applications: Email, Chat, Calendar, SMS, Contacts, Portals etc.
- Access Devices: PCs, ipad, Black Berry, Smart Phones etc.
- Context: The Purpose of Collaboration
Like any other infrastructure, it needs to interface with other systems.
Like every other infrastructure, there is segmentation of needs.
There will always be segmentation (e.g needless to insist that everyone must have a car (or a Black Berry) or that cycle must have the feature of a car especially when you can use segmentation to save cost.
Like any other infrastructure, there are risks, complexities, costs and opportunities associated with it.
So, our over riding objective will be to help our customers deal with the different aspects of building and managing this infrastructure and benefit from changes happening at different points in the collaboration technology landscape.